Take The Pledge & Join
We as signers of THE EQUALITY PLEDGE...
...strive to recognize, promote, and improve LGBTQ+ & allied business and the LGBTQ+ & allied business community and to that end, agree to be honor-bound by these Standards of Business Conduct and Ethics:
- Alliance members will conduct business with honesty, integrity, and fairness with respect to customers, clients, and employees alike.
- Alliance members will be accessible and accountable to customers or clients and make every reasonable effort to act for the customer's or client's best interest and benefit.
- Alliance members will not discriminate based upon race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, gender, gender identity or sexual orientation.
- Alliance members will be responsible at all times for truthful and non-deceptive advertising and promotion regarding their business and its products or services.
- Alliance members will not use or condone advertising which is untrue, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, falsely disparaging of competitors, or which contains insincere offers to sell, nor advertising which as a whole, may be misleading or result in misrepresentation by direct statement, inference or omission.
- Alliance members will conduct business with strict adherence to the laws of the state where located and to business or professional codes existent for the particular business or profession and in accordance with generally accepted business practices.
- Alliance members will support the ideals and goals of this organization, as well as support the LGBTQ+ & allied community in general, in a constructive and positive manner.
and we pledge that...
"We believe that as members of The Alliance, we should be engaged in the march towards equality for all individuals- regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, gender, gender identity or sexual orientation.
And we believe that our purchasing, and spending power can and should be used towards promoting a competitive, and economically vibrant community.
We also believe that in order for San Diego businesses to compete for top talent, we must have workplaces and communities that are diverse and welcoming for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people.
And we believe that treating all and individuals- whether they are our staff members, community, or visitors- fairly is essential to maintaining San Diego's strong brand as the premier home for talented workers, growing businesses, entrepreneurial innovation, and a thriving travel and tourism industry.
We believe in the dignity of all people and their right to respect and equality of opportunity.
We value the strength that comes with difference and the positive contribution that diversity brings to our community. Our aspiration is for San Diego County and our cities to be safe, welcoming and inclusive for all.
I confirm that I am authorized to sign this pledge on behalf of my business or organization.